Tuesday, February 11, 2014

Every Day is a Gift!

Today is the 1 year anniversary of my stroke. I am so thankful to still be here. I thank God every day when I wake up and every night as I lay down waiting to go to sleep. I have prayed every day that I can remember since my stroke for God to please let me see my babies grow up.

That prayer changed when my high school friend,  Mandy Westbrook, passed away leaving behind her daughter who is a senior in high school. My prayer changed that very night to tell God my definition of grown up. I pray to see my children graduate high school, college, get married and have their own children. I will be okay to be called home then, but not one day sooner. I know I have no control over this event, but I can pray and hope that it is in His plan for my life.

I began running again. Well, I began with walking and now I have built up to intervals of walking and running. I will do my first 5K this Saturday to celebrate my 1 year stroke survival. A group of my friends, my supporters, are doing it with me. I have made this commitment to myself, my health, and my guys to improve my health. I have begun by changing my habits. I am developing healthy eating habits and exercise habits. I do say it is for my family and they will benefit from this improvement in my health, but it is really selfish to fulfill my desire to see my babies grow up into fine young men.

I know that I am not promised any more days on this Earth but I intend to take as many as God will grant me. Every night I selfishly will pray for more.

No comments:

Post a Comment